At the Children’s Assessment Center of Kent County, we believe that adults are responsible for keeping children safe. The Children’s Assessment Center offers a variety of trainings about child sexual abuse and can provide a speaker to visit your organization, church, school, or business. Presentations can be tailored to suit any group and nearly every age level.
We currently provide the following trainings:
*Child Sexual Abuse
- What is it?
- Signs & Symptoms (Physical, Emotional, Behavioral)
- Indications of trauma
- Hope for survivors
- Responding to disclosures
*Healthy Sexual Development
- Healthy sexual behaviors of varying developmental age groups
- Unhealthy sexual behaviors of varying developmental age groups
- Tips to discuss with your child at each developmental level
- Warning signs of sexual abuse
- Resources to take advantage of
- Safety & security online
- Online privacy
*What is the Children’s Assessment Center?
- History of the CAC
- MDT Model
- Services of the CAC
- KIDZ Have Rights
- Community Advocacy
*Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children
- Understanding the 5 steps to protecting our children
- Increase awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of CSA
- Gain new skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to CSA
- Proactively and positively change organizational policies and procedures
- Discuss important issues in prevention within the community and organizations that serve children
If you would like to request a speaker, please contact our Community Advocate, Misti DeVries, and include any additional information you think we may find helpful. We will contact you within the week to talk more about your request. For a list of the most current D2L training sessions, check our upcoming events page.