National statistics tell us that approximately 1 in 10 children will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday, and as many as 90% of those children know their offender; it is someone the child knows, loves, and trusts. Even more shockingly, here in Kent County, 99% of children that enter our doors know their offender.
Though these statistics can be disheartening and overwhelming we know that with proper training and education, the adults in our community have the ability to make Kent County a safe place for the children we care for.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Kent County currently offers the following training opportunities. For more information, including cost and content, or to schedule a training, please submit the contact form and someone will be in touch with you within the next business day.
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention – The Role You Play
- How Trauma Affects the Brain
- Problematic Sexualized Behaviors in Youth
- Vicarious Trauma and Self-Care for Professionals
- Are CAC’s the Safest Place?
- Cultivating a Culture of Safety in Youth-Serving Organizations
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Creating Effective Boundaries & Implementing Self-Care
- Detection and Intervention of Child & Community Manipulation
- Protecting Your Child from Sexual Abuse
- Healthy Sexual Development for Children